Disney’s highly anticipated, live action version of Beauty And The Beast, starring Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as the Beast, opens in UK cinemas on March 17th. Check out the latest trailer, below, and tickets are on sale now – just click on this link: http://disney.powio.com/gb/beauty-and-the-beast/
The Lego Batman Movie opens in the UK and US on February 10th (there are previews in UK cinemas this weekend, too) and you’ll be able to read the Movies4Kids review on the website from Saturday. In the meantime, check out this featurette entitled Behind The Bricks, and the trailer from the movie, too:
Some very sad news today – one of Britain’s most versatile, fascinating actors, Sir John Hurt has died. Grown ups will, of course, remember him from his memorable performances in classic movies such as 10 Rillington Place, Alien, The Naked Civil Servant, The Elephant Man, 1984 and Scandal to name just a few, but younger viewers will have had a glimpse of his acting talents in Indiana Jones And The Crystal Skull and the Harry Potter movies, where he starred as Olivander, and they will have also heard his distinctive voice in other films – he provided the narrator’s voice for The Tigger Movie and, of course, voiced characters in The Black Cauldron, The Gruffalo and Watership Down.
The LEGO Batman Movie is in UK and US cinemas on February 10th, and while you are waiting for its release, check out the Super SigFig Creator, where you can create your own LEGO character with its own skills, costume and name. You can find out whether your character would be a hero or a villain, and place him/her against a backdrop from the LEGO Batman Movie, too.
Click on this link to visit the website and create your own LEGO character:
Here’s my one – yes, Movies4Kids’ editor is secretly Midnight Dusk – superhero!
The title of the next Star Wars movie – aka Episode VIII, the follow-up to 2015’s The Force Awakens – has been revealed and it is, as you can see above, The Last Jedi.
The movie, directed by Rian Johnson, is due for release around the world on December 15th, and will carry on the adventures of Daisy Ridley’s Rey, John Boyega’s Finn and Oscar Isaac’s Poe Dameron as they fight against Kylo Ren (Adam Driver).
Action adventure movie The Great Wall is coming to UK and US cinemas on February 17th, and we have some great behind the scenes clips to share with you.
Directed by Zhang Yimou, and starring Matt Damon, the movie tells the story of an elite force who defend China’s Great Wall… but against what? We don’t think it is human…
Check out the clips and trailer below:
- This live action remake of Disney’s beautiful animated musical from 1991 features Emma Watson as Belle, Dan Stevens as The Beast, Luke Evans as Gaston, Ewan McGregor as Lumiere, Ian McKellen as Cogsworth and Emma Thompson as Mrs Potts.
- Emma Watson sings! In fact, most of the cast do – it is a musical, after all – and we have a clip of Emma singing one of the film’s most famous songs:
- Alan Menken, who wrote the score for the animated movie, returns for this adaptation which includes new recordings of familiar Beauty And The Beast songs as well as new songs written with Tim Rice.
- The first teaser trailer was viewed a record-breaking 91.8 million times in the first 24 hours, beating Star Wars: The Force Awakens record for a teaser trailer (88 million views).
- Emma Watson was offered the lead role in Kenneth Branagh’s live action Cinderella but turned it down (Lily James took on the role instead).
Beauty And The Beast opens in the UK and US on March 17.