(Answers are at the end – no peeking! – and add up your scores to find out who’s the Marvel movie genius in your home)…
1) Who is Peter Parker’s nemesis in the first Spider-Man film?
a) The Joker
c) The Green Goblin
2) What is Cyclops’ power in X-Men?
b) Optic blast
c) Diamond skin
3) What is the name of the cosmic cube that Loki takes control of in The Avengers?
a) the Tesseract
b) the Magic Cube
c) the Mjolnir
4) How many Avengers are there in the Avengers movie?
5) How do the Fantastic Four get their powers?
a) they were bitten by a radioactive spider
b) they were exposed to cosmic radiation in space
c) they were experimented on
6. What’s the name of Tony Stark’s company in the Iron Man trilogy?
a) Stark and Sons
b) Stark and Co
c) Stark Industries
7. Who does Dare Devil team up with in his film?
c) The Invisible Woman
8. How many years was Captain America frozen for in Captain America: The First Avenger?
a) Nearly 100 years
b) Nearly 70 years
c) Nearly 20 years
9. Who is Thor’s main romantic interest in Thor?
a) Jane Foster
b) Jean Grey
c) Mary Jane
10. What’s the name of Jean Grey’s alter-ego in X-Men?
a) The Black Widow
b) The Invisible Woman
c) The Phoenix
11. What is the name of Rhodey’s iron suit in Iron Man 3?
a) Death Proof
b) War Machine
c) Killing Machine
12. In X2, who do the X-Men find hidden in a church?
a) The Nightcrawler
b) The Silver Surfer
c) The Beast
13. What is the name of Peter Parker’s best friend in the Spider-Man trilogy?
a) Jamie Knight
b) Liam Smith
c) Harry Osborn
14. What is the name of Bruce Banner’s dad in The Hulk?
a) Brian Banner
b) Hugh Banner
c) Daniel Banner
15. What is the planet called that Thor and Loki come from?
1 – c; 2 – b; 3 – a; 4 – c; 5 – b; 6 – c; 7 – a; 8 – b; 9 – a; 10 – c; 11 – b; 12 – a; 13 – c; 14 – a; 15 – c.
SCORES: score one point for each correct answer
If you scored 0-5 points: OOPS! Perhaps you need to watch some of the terrific Marvel movies again and try the quiz again!
If you scored 6-10 points: WELL DONE! You know the Marvel universe well – but not quite well enough!
If you scored 11-15 points: CONGRATULATIONS! You are truly a Marvel movie genius!
Marvel’s Iron Man 3 is released on Blu-ray and DVD, September 9th and Thor: the Dark World is in cinemas October 30th.